staff-facing dashboard for understanding SPOC activity in relation to study success
- Provide insights to teachers and course builders in learners’ online activity and the influence of student background and the impact on SPOC completion and passing the entrance exam is studied.
- Use the modular open-source technology stack developed within the project for a staff-facing dashboard.
- Small and Private Online Course
- focus on the transition from secondary to higher education
- prepares learners for entrance exam in Medicine/Dentistry
- output = successful SPOC completion and success on high-stakes test
data of the 2016 run
(September 2016 – May 2017)
teachers and course developers of the SPOC chemistry of KU Leuven
- insights in learners online activity
- impact of student background
- relation to SPOC completion and passing entrance exam
return on investment
- use of modular open-source technology stack
- data easily available
- dashboard specific for context due to focus on entrance exam and student background
- comparison between students with traditional background (i.e. prior education preparing for Medicine or Dentistry) and non-traditional background.
Further readingproject outputs:
- intervention: Output 6, Section 2.2
- evaluation: Output 8, Chapter 7
- data collection: Output 10, Section 2.2
- visualization: Output 13
Leitner, Philipp; Ebner, Martin Zaphiris, P (Editor); Ioannou, A (Editor)Springer Verlag; Cham; 4th International Conference on Learning and Collaboration Technologies (LCT) Held as Part of 19th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI International), Date: 2017/07/09 – 2017/07/14, Location: Vancouver, CanadaLearning and Collaboration Technologies: Technology in Education, LCT 2017, PT II; 2017; Vol. 10296; pp. 291-301